If you plan to make a trip to the land of the Maharajas this January and intend to stay at The LaLiT Jaipur, here is one event that you simply cannot afford to miss – the Jaipur Literature Festival 2019. Between 24 and 28 January this year, the Pink City will be playing host to what has often been referred to as the “Greatest Literary Show on Earth”. The intellectually charged event is now into its 12th edition and like always will see numerous book launches, readings, debates and open discussions, and speeches delivered by some very renowned writers. It is time to book your tickets and reserve your accommodation because all the 5 star hotels in Jaipur will sure be decking up for the event. If you’re still looking for reasons, read on –
- The Jaipur Literature Festival is the largest literary event held anywhere in the world. Not only does it offer you the chance to indulge in buying, reading, and discussing books without any guilt, it also allows you to travel across Jaipur and experience the post-Makar Sankranti glory of the city’s culture. Find good restaurants in Jaipur and indulge your love of food as well.
- The one thing a book lover cannot resist is a heated discussion between critics and writers and the Jaipur Lit Fest is all set to get really hot. This year, expect some passionate arguments about the environment, dark matter, black holes, and the natural evolution of man at the fest.
- Neil Gaiman may not attend this year’s Jaipur Lit Fest as previously assumed but fret not. There are some stars of the world of literature that will be in attendance this year. Indian authors like Narendra Kohli, Anita Nair, international writers such as Colson Whitehead, Germain Greer, Jeffrey Archer, Yann Martel, and Andre Aciman, top researchers of human evolution and history such as Ruby Lal, Daniel E. Lieberman David Reich, journalists and commentators like Andrea di Robilant will all be here. Science and science fiction will be the focus this year.
- Do not miss this chance to get up close and personal with the Jaipur royal family, some of the top journalists, and other celebrities of the country at the Lit Fest. This is a very popular event and the attendance is quite well covered by the media. Do expect a dazzling show of bling too.
- 2019 is the year our country, the largest democracy in the world, will go to polls yet again. This is your change to listen to lively debates among some of the top political thinkers of India. Sure, you want to listen to Shashi Tharoor cast his spell of words. Do remind yourself to buy a dictionary if you expect to decipher his lexicon, though.