What is car servicing?
Car servicing includes a series of processes of maintenance that is carried out at a specific interval, when the car has travelled a greater distance and if the motor shows up certain technical glitches. The vehicle manufacturer pre-determines the further services for the car and in the modern vehicles the instrument panel displays the due date for the next service electronically. The car servicing is also called tuning up. A service book is maintained throughout where the service centre updates each time a car attends the servicing procedure. This service book acts as a part of authenticity of the history of the car and credits the resale value. Car services Baltimore wide provide well-maintained servicing for any vehicle.
The schedule of each car is different from the other, and depends upon –
1) year it was made
3) model of the car
4) driving condition
5) driver behavior
The car makers recommend the ideal service schedule based on the parameters such as
- The number of trips performed by the car each day
- If the car is taken to extreme hot or cold climate conditions
- If the car rides mountainous, dusty or de-iced roads
- When there is heavy stop-and-go and long-distance cruising
- If the car holds heavy load.
The experienced service advisors recommend a schedule interval which must be between the above mentioned ideal or extreme service schedule. The driving condition and the behaviour of the driver is the most important in the lifespan of the motor vehicle. The cars are also provided with a manual that describes about its servicing.
The modern day cars have an image of a spanner that flashes upon the dashboard to show the next servicing date and the procedure is in-built. Car services provides such an efficient feature if the car does not possess it already.
What happens in a car service?
The common tasks that are carried out in the car servicing centre are:
- Changing the engine oil
- Replacing the oil filter
- Replacing the air filter
- Replacing the fuel filter
- Replacing the cabin filter
- Replacing the spark plugs
- Checking level and refilling brake fluid/clutch fluid
- Checking Brake Pads/Liners, Brake Discs/Drums, and replacing if worn out.
- Checking level and refilling power steering fluid
- Checking level and refilling Automatic/Manual Transmission Fluid
- Greasing and lubricating components
- Inspecting and replacing timing beltor timing chain when needed
- Checking condition of the tires of the car
- Checking for proper operation of all lights, wipers , dashboard, etc
- Using scan tool read trouble code.
If the service providers notice any problem regarding ceasing transmission of the car or if it is unsafe for the road, they advise upon it and change the mechanical parts as required.
In some countries, a few parts that are not inspected on the MOT(Ministry of transport) test and are advised upon a Service Inspection include- Clutch, Gearbox, Car Battery, and Engine components (further inspections than MOT).
Also in car services Baltimore such services are done for the betterment of the vehicle.